Growatt MOD 5KTL3-XH BP 5kW hybrid inverter 3-phase
Growatt MOD 5KTL3-XH BP 5kW hybrid inverter 3-phase
The Growatt MOD 5KTL3-XH-BP Hybrid Inverter (MPN MOD 5KTL3-XH-BP) is a 3-phase inverter that, with its high performance and compactness, ensures easy and user-friendly operation of large solar systems. The inverter is characterized by a high efficiency of 98.3%, which makes it a powerful and flexible device when configuring a system. In addition to 2 independent MPPT inputs and a maximum PV power of 10000W, the inverter also has an OLED touch display, which is a great advantage for simple and uncomplicated operation. In addition, loads and batteries can be connected. The APX battery system is compatible with this.
Optionally, the MOD-XH-BP series can be combined with the SYN backup box to achieve off-grid operation.
The MOD-XH-BP series:
- 2 independent MPPTs
- Battery-ready, future-proof
- Type II SPD on DC and AC side
- Built-in AFCI function
- Export limit support
- OLED and touch button
- DC/AC ratio up to 2.0
- Off-grid function possible with optional accessories
In contrast to conventional inverters, hybrid inverters can not only feed the electricity generated from the solar system into the power grid, but also store it in batteries. This means that the solar power is available even when the sun is not shining. Another feature of hybrid inverters is their ability to optimize a home's power consumption by prioritizing the use of solar power directly in the home before it is fed into the grid.
Active safety with AFCI function
An arc fault circuit interrupter is an arc fault protection device. It protects circuits from arc faults and acts as a protective switch against contact errors in low-voltage installations. In addition to its protection, this analyzes current and voltage curves using digital signal processing and interrupts circuits in the event of interference signatures. Colloquially, the AFCI is also called fire protection switch, since incoming signals can prevent overheating at bad contact points or flashovers between two conductors.
Two MPP trackers for optimal solar yields
The maximum power point tracker technology generates the best possible yield from a solar system. The MPPT determines the optimal relationship between irradiance, temperature on the module and solar cell type over the course of the day. With the two MPP trackers in the MOD inverter, the optimal working point for the two PV strings can be optimized separately. The two trackers work independently of each other and so, for example, shading on one line would not affect the second.
Operating Modes - Configurable based on system requirements
- Working mode: The MOD-XH converts the DC power of PV strings into AC power and feeds it into the power grid. As soon as the output power does not meet the requirements for grid-tied power generation, the normal operating mode is switched off.
- Failure mode: The inverter monitors and regulates the state of the system in real time. if e.g. B. System or inverter errors occur, the display shows the error information and disconnects the inverter output from the grid.
- Shutdown mode: The inverter shuts down automatically when there is little or no sunlight.
AC&DC Type II SPD
AC and DC Type II SPDs (Surge Protective Devices) protect grid inverters from surges and are an important component for the safety and reliability of solar systems. AC SPDs protect the AC side and DC SPDs protect the DC side of the inverter. These protectors dissipate excess voltage pulses that may be caused by lightning strikes, power line switching, or other events.
Numerous protective functions
- DC / AC Surge Arresters: Type II
- DC reverse polarity protection and disconnect switch
- insulation resistance detection
- AC short circuit protection
- Mains, residual current and string monitoring
- Island grid detection
- AFCI protection (arc fault detection)
Growatt monitoring platform (usable with optional accessories)
With the optional accessories of the Shine series, the Growatt monitoring platform can be used. This is available as a smartphone app (for iOS and Android) and as a web version. The Shine accessory must be purchased separately, the use of the platform is free of charge. All your Growatt products can be configured and monitored via Shine, and the display of self-consumption and trends is also possible.
The following shine options are compatible with the MOD 3-15KTL3-X/XH series:
- Max. PV line: 10000W
- Max input voltage: 1100V
- Starting voltage: 160V
- Rated voltage: 600V
- MPPT voltage range: 140-1000V
- Max. input current per MPPT: 16A
- Max. short-circuit current per MPPT: 20A
Input (DC battery)
- Compatible with ARK XH battery system
- Operating voltage range: 600-950V
- Max operating current: 11A
- Max. charging power: 6000W
- Max. discharge power: 5500W
- AC rated power: 5000W
- AC rated voltage range: 220V/380V, 230V/400V (340-44V0)
- Frequency Response: 50/60Hz (45-55Hz/55-65Hz)
- Max output current: 8.3A
- Max. efficiency: 98.3%
- Dimensions: 425 x 387 x 147mm
- Weight: 12.5kg
- Operating temperature range: -25°C - +60°C
- Protection class: IP66
- Manufacturer's guarantee: 5 years
scope of delivery
1x Growatt MOD 5KTL3-XH-BP Hybrid Inverter